Do you crochet? I have dabbled in crochet and I find it so much easier and quicker than knitting…. but my first love will always be sewing and quilting…
Mathew from Mister Domestic has designed the perfect fabric collection that encompasses both of my loves…. called Hooked!
It has some gorgeous prints in it…. sheep (and see if you can find the alpaca!), wool balls in the shape of hearts and the most amazing print that actually looks like crocheted granny squares!
As a Mister Domestic Master Maker I was so thrilled to be able to make a project (or two) for the Project Party that started last week…. here is my main project
Meet the upsized version of my Three Pane’s A Charm quilt! Originally designed to use with 5″ charm squares, this time I used much larger squares so we could all see these gorgeous prints!
And I couldn’t resist using the Verve Violet AGF Pure Solid as the window frames for a big pop of colour! Mystic Grey AGF Pure Solid is the wall/sashing colour.
And you know me….. I love a good double sided quilt…. so here is the back!
I echoed the window pane design of the front blocks with this super sized window using AGF Pure Solids of Nocturnal, Lavender Water and Field of Lavender.
And the backing floral print is the If They Were Real print from Hooked. It is so gorgeous!
I literally had a ball quilting this…… the digital design is called Hypnotic and I thought they looked like balls of wool rolling around the quilt!
And because the sun was shining and it was Sunday so I had an (almost) willing quilt holder… here are some more pictures of my Three Pane’s a Charm quilt in Hooked
The cab sav vines are just starting to bud and leaf…. @thefabrichusband is happy!
And as it was the first warm day in a long time…. we were being very careful near the pond…. the slithery snakes do like to sun themselves there!
And just in case you think the photo shoot was easy peasy…. here is us trying to take a shot in the Wind in the Willows portion of our garden…. we should have thought harder about the ‘wind’ part of that…. : )
Now don’t forget to go and check out the other fab projects that the Master Makers have made so far in the Project Party as well as the ones coming up!
Hooked Project Party Participants
Weeks 1 & 2
- Monday October 25th: Shankari Paradee of Sewl Sister
- Wednesday October 28th: Vanessa Behymer of Vintage Barngirl
- Friday October 30th: Fran Gulick of Cotton and Joy
- Monday. November 2nd: Anne Boundy of Said With Love
- Wednesday: November 4th: Jen Nilson of Wild Zipper
- Monday November 9th: Lisa Hamann of Sew Peace Full
- Tuesday November 10th: Sandra Johnson of Sandra Johnson Designs
- Wednesday November 11th: Julian Collins of Julian Creates
- Thursday November 12th: Elizabeth Gilmartin of Bitter Candy Design
- Friday November 13th: Maria Schneider of Madame Tailor