Moda is starting a fun Christmas sewalong starting this week! Xmas in July really is the best time for us quilters to get started on our Xmas presents and quilts! Even here in Australia a Christmas quilt is a fabulous tree skirt, table cloth or wall hanging!
The Moda elves in Santa’s workshop have been busy behind the scenes working up this new quilt along…
We’re making our (vocabulary) list.
Checking it twice (for spelling, there’s no autocorrect on the sewing machine!)
Gonna find out who’s naughty or nice (just kidding, we know ALL quilters are nice, right?)
LETTERS TO SANTA is coming to town!
And here is the quilt that Moda is going to be making over the coming months!
It uses the alphabet from the Primitive Gatherings Mini Alphabet Quilt Pattern (which you can grab the pattern as a PDF download HERE from the Fat Quarter Shop) and Moda have tweaked the sashing requirements.
And there will be free filler blocks (the ornaments, trees etc) for between your words.
You can decide which of the words (or all of them!) you want to make…. or maybe you want to make some other words that have meaning to you?
Here are some other words that might make it into YOUR quilt!
How do you join in?
- Purchase the PDF pattern of the Mini Alphabet Quilt Pattern here
- Start thinking about what fabrics you would like to use…. solids or christmas themes? Click on the links to see our range of both. The Moda version uses Moda Bella 200 as the background
- Follow @modafabrics on Instagram or Facebook for their regular posts
- Join our Said With Love Sewalong and Quilting Group as I will be posting regularly in there with updates as well. Please answer the membership questions as we don’t let people in who haven’t answered the questions : )
- Make yourself a hot chocolate, pull out some fabrics and start planning YOUR words using the Letters to Santa quilt layout planner PDF and the Letters to Santa Colouring Sheet PDF
- Use the hashtag #letterstosantaQAL when posting on social media
This sewalong looks SO much fun!
Sewalong starts on July 18th with all this information and then on July 25th the first group of words and filler blocks will be released!