I started a Jelly Roll Patch quilt using Sunday Supper on the Sew a Jelly Roll Day in September.
We had a great day (and ate some delicious yummies!) and whilst I didn’t get as far as I expected on the day (too much eating and chatting!) I have managed to get it all finished now 🙂
I love the Sunday Supper colours and thought a dark grey background would make a great boy quilt 🙂
Now, the Jelly Roll Patch pattern is one of mine, and on the day I just went ahead and started cutting and sewing (and eating and chatting) … it wasn’t until I went to make the back that I realised I hadn’t followed my own instructions!!
I cut up ALL my strips instead of leaving four strips to add either side of the long scrappy strip. This meant that my backing wasn’t wide enough when it came time to baste. ARGH.
Luckily I had bought some extra Sunday Supper yardage so I cut an extra strip to place next to the scrappy strip to make it just wide enough.
So here is the finished quilt.
So finally woohoo, another finish to my year of quilts and another one to go into my present stash for Xmas.
Part of my fourth quarter #2017FAL #2017FALSWL