Jen (from www.colorcreatingandquilting.blogspot.com) and Jan (from www.adreamandastitch.blogspot.com) have started a regular blog hop using patterns that Jen creates. This one is called Quilter’s Laundry Day!
Such a cute pattern and room to get a bit creative with the quilt hanging on the line 🙂
I used Sue Daley’s Beaujolais fabric for the house, door, roof and the quilt. I also modified the pattern a little bit to put a tree on top of one of the washing line poles… just like at our place one of our washing line ‘poles’ is a tree!
I love the little hexie pattern for the quilt!
And I couldn’t resist the cat (from Cat’s Pyjamas by Jodie Carleton), the floating robots and the levitating bear (from C+S) in the windows!
The floral print for the front door was also just fun with the centre of the flower as the door handle and I quilted around the flowers to highlight them.
There was some fun had quilting some clouds and birds into the sky around the house 🙂
Thanks Jan and Jen for the wonderful pattern and organising this blog hop. There are prizes to win by commenting on Jan and Jen’s blogs (see links below). And make sure to check out all the other blogs for everyone’s take on the pattern.
And you can also download the pattern here (it is free!) from Craftsy
Blog Tour Day 1 – March 10th
- Jen Rosin A Dream and a Stitch Comment on this blog to win prizes
- Kate Heads at Smiles From Kate
- Jennifer Fulton at Inquiring Quilter
- Abigail Sheridan de Graff at Cut & Alter
- Karen Thurn at Tu-Na Quilts, Travels and Eats
- Melva Nolan at Melva Loves Scraps
- Vicki at Vicki’s Crafts & Quilting
- Diann at Little Penguin Quilts
- Jayne at Twiggy & Opal
- Susan Arnold at Quilt Fabrication
- Leanne Milsom at Lizzie the Quilter
- Sandra Walker at Mmm! Quilts!
Blog Tour Day 2 – March 11th
- Janice Holton at Color Creating & Quilting Comment on this blog to win prizes
- Sola at Alice Samuels Quilt Co
- Jennifer Strauser at Dizzy Quilter
- Amy Gerlich at Amy Scrap Spot
- Sharon Denney Parcel at Yellow Cat Quilt Designs
- Tami at Sew Much for Free Time
- Suzy Webster at Adventurous Applique & Quilting
- Tish Stemple at Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Susan Gordon at Sevenoaks Street Quilts
- Anne Boundy at Said With Love YOU ARE HERE!
- Barbara Wootie at The Flashing Scissors
Jan Welander at Making Scraps
Mary Marcotte at Fleur de Lis Quilts