Today is brought to you by the Elizabeth Hartman pattern Greenhouse and the Flower block!
The greenhouse pattern wasn’t one that had ever really grabbed my attention… I mean with Hazel and Fancy Forest and Delightful Desert etc patterns, the more subtle Elizabeth Hartman patterns seem to take a back seat. But making these blocks up the past couple of weeks have made me look closer at the pattern and I have grown to love it! I am glad it is now in my pattern folder as I think it will be a useful one to make for any green thumbs I need to make quilts for!
So onto the Flower block! This one is a nice simple block, not too many difficult pieces to it at all thank goodness. Sometimes it is just great to just sew, not faff around being fiddly!
Can’t wait to put all these cacti blocks together into a table runner… just the cactus block to go!
Check out the list of blocks for the Sew Along that I am following and you can choose from!
Quick Sew Along Overview
- Follow me on Instagram @said_with_love
- Follow @aliceinfabricland on Instagram
- Follow @sewinn_colac on Instagram
- Make one of the blocks that we are doing from the 5th May to the 6th June and post it on Instagram between 12:01am 5 June and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for this month’s prize. See full list of blocks here
- Pick the block(s) you’d like to make from one or more of the Elizabeth Hartman patterns or an entire pattern that we are doing (See full list of blocks here) and make a quilt or your own project. You will need to post one photo of each of the individual blocks in your project between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018. You will then need to post a photo of your finished quilt top (it doesn’t need to be quilted or bound), cushion, bag, mini quilt, table runner etc between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for either the Australian Grand Prize or the International Grand Prize. Important: Your entered project cannot include any other animal blocks by another designer. They can include traditional patchwork blocks, setting blocks, improv piecing, words, etc. but the animals must be by Elizabeth Hartman.
- Use the hashtag #elizabethhartmanalltheanimalsSAL
- Have FUN!