I have been continuing on with the Elizabeth Hartman Greenhouse pattern and the cacti blocks for #elizabethhartmanalltheanimalsSAL this week.
Today’s block is Prickly! I love the name of this one…. I am imagining a bit of a surly fellow with a gruff voice, but a big soft heart underneath.
Hmm… ok… am I the only one who gives plants personalities?!?!
Maybe it is because I am using the Big Sky fabrics and they have some very cute animals on them! I had a bit more time this week to take a proper flat lay picture… I keep meaning to go outside and find a nice pot plant, but our weather has turned cold and windy, so I am staying indoors where possible!
Anyone else going to make Prickly?
He and his four other friends are going to be making a lovely table runner – I think it will be a fun little project!
Check out the list of blocks for the Sew Along that I am following and you can choose from!
Quick Sew Along Overview
- Follow me on Instagram @said_with_love
- Follow @aliceinfabricland on Instagram
- Follow @sewinn_colac on Instagram
- Make one of the blocks that we are doing from the 5th May to the 6th June and post it on Instagram between 12:01am 5 June and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for this month’s prize. See full list of blocks here
- Pick the block(s) you’d like to make from one or more of the Elizabeth Hartman patterns or an entire pattern that we are doing (See full list of blocks here) and make a quilt or your own project. You will need to post one photo of each of the individual blocks in your project between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018. You will then need to post a photo of your finished quilt top (it doesn’t need to be quilted or bound), cushion, bag, mini quilt, table runner etc between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for either the Australian Grand Prize or the International Grand Prize. Important: Your entered project cannot include any other animal blocks by another designer. They can include traditional patchwork blocks, setting blocks, improv piecing, words, etc. but the animals must be by Elizabeth Hartman.
- Use the hashtag #elizabethhartmanalltheanimalsSAL
- Have FUN!