Hi everyone! I have been having a ball making up these Elizabeth Hartman blocks from all her patterns! Which one has been your favourite so far?
Today’s block is Lloyd and Lisa the Llamas 🙂 I’ve been a bit sick the last couple of weeks and so when I saw there was a block in the pattern for just Lloyd’s head I realised that was JUST the one for me 🙂
He is rather sexy all in his bright Tula Pink All Stars pom poms don’t you think? Definitely dressed up for a night out on the town!
I got these Tula Pink All Stars in a FQ bundle from our grand prize sponsor – Sew Inn! She *might* still have a few left if you get in quickly!
I had been thinking this one would make a lovely tote bag… but Lloyd is a bit big! Hmmm…. will have to think a bit more about what to do with this gorgeous block…. if you have any suggestions, please let me know!
Up next in our list of blocks for the sew along is Bjorn the Bear. Only TWO more blocks to go until the end of the sew along – don’t forget to get your projects finishes / quilt tops assembled to be in it to win!
Quick Sew Along Overview
- Follow me on Instagram @said_with_love
- Follow @aliceinfabricland on Instagram
- Follow @sewinn_colac on Instagram
- Make one of the blocks that we are doing from the 5th May to the 6th June and post it on Instagram between 12:01am 5 June and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for this month’s prize. See full list of blocks here
- Pick the block(s) you’d like to make from one or more of the Elizabeth Hartman patterns or an entire pattern that we are doing (See full list of blocks here) and make a quilt or your own project. You will need to post one photo of each of the individual blocks in your project between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018. You will then need to post a photo of your finished quilt top (it doesn’t need to be quilted or bound), cushion, bag, mini quilt, table runner etc between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for either the Australian Grand Prize or the International Grand Prize. Important: Your entered project cannot include any other animal blocks by another designer. They can include traditional patchwork blocks, setting blocks, improv piecing, words, etc. but the animals must be by Elizabeth Hartman.
- Use the hashtag #elizabethhartmanalltheanimalsSAL
- Have FUN!