I have just become involved with the Elizabeth Hartman All the Animals Sew Along as the new host!
This sew along started back in January but due to some unforeseen circumstances, Angie (the original host) has had to step back which has allowed me to step in and keep running all the fun!
I had such a great time doing the #peacefulplanetSAL before Xmas sewing Elizabeth Hartman’s patterns Awesome Ocean, Fancy Forest and Delightful Desert, so it just seemed natural to continue with this Sew Along! I am very excited to start sewing up some more of Elizabeth Hartman’s patterns (she writes a good pattern).
So come and join the fun (or re-join if you got sidetracked by, you know, life!)
All the people who have been working away on blocks and projects since January using the hashtag #elizabethhartmanalltheanimalsSAL are still eligible for prizes 🙂
Speaking of prizes, we are going to have an AMAZING prize for this month (5th May to 9th June) that is sponsored by Alice in Fabricland – ummmm…. anyone want to win a FQ Bundle of Elizabeth Hartman’s Reef fabrics?!?
And we are going to have TWO grand prizes!! These are sponsored by Sew Inn in Colac and there is an Australian prize winner and an International prize winner.
Head on over to our prizes page to read all about these amazing prizes. Please go and check out our sponsors – supporting them means they will be willing to continue sponsoring our events in the future 🙂
Ok, so let’s kick this Sew Along off!
This week we are starting on the Greenhouse pattern with the five cactus plants. I am going to post here on the blog and on IG and FB every Saturday and Wednesday and I am looking forward to seeing the blocks that you are making!
So here is my Aloe plant from the Greenhouse pattern
My plan is to make the small quilt into a table runner of the five cacti and it will be a gift for a friend.
Because I already had my Big Sky fabrics still out from the #peacefulplanetSAL (yeah, yeah, I should have cleaned them up, but hey, they seemed to be happy hanging out in the box under my cutting table!) I am going to use them up in the table runner. And I decided that it was time to use some of that sparkly Essex Linen metallic for the flower pots!
I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with the sparkly Essex Linen half yards I have… but this is definitely it! In real life it looks like a sandstone pot sparkling in the sunshine! 🙂
Hope you have fun getting into some of Elizabeth Hartman’s patterns.
Quick Sew Along Overview
- Follow me on Instagram @said_with_love
- Follow @aliceinfabricland on Instagram
- Follow @sewinn_colac on Instagram
- Make one of the blocks that we are doing from the 5th May to the 6th June and post it on Instagram between 12:01am 5 June and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for this month’s prize. See full list of blocks here
- Pick the block(s) you’d like to make from one or more of the Elizabeth Hartman patterns or an entire pattern that we are doing (See full list of blocks here) and make a quilt or your own project. You will need to post one photo of each of the individual blocks in your project between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018. You will then need to post a photo of your finished quilt top (it doesn’t need to be quilted or bound), cushion, bag, mini quilt, table runner etc between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for either the Australian Grand Prize or the International Grand Prize. Important: Your entered project cannot include any other animal blocks by another designer. They can include traditional patchwork blocks, setting blocks, improv piecing, words, etc. but the animals must be by Elizabeth Hartman.
- Use the hashtag #elizabethhartmanalltheanimalsSAL
- Have FUN!