There has been a flurry of activity in the Quilt Barn in January and I am thrilled to be able to show you some finishes finally!
For the cover version I used Rainbow Sherbet fabric by Sariditty, but during the sewalong weekend I made another version using my Bonnie & Camille stash!
I had wanted to use up some of the larger yardage pieces from my stash as the backing, so the finished quilt top went into the ‘make a backing’ pile…. This pile seems to have been catching more and more lately and finally in January I decided enough was enough!
I selected two large red prints and this lovely circle print from Handmade, so making the backing actually only took two seams…. You think I could have gotten to that quicker 😂
When I sew together large pieces for a backing, I cut off any selvedges and use a 1/2” seam. This makes life a little easier when quilting.
Once the backing was finally made, up onto Lily the Longarm she went and I selected a lovely swirly design. A nice quick one to sew out too which was a bonus!
As I was trimming the quilt, I realised there was quite a lot of the two reds left, so I cut my binding from those and made a two fabric scrappy binding!
I have actually been struggling with my hand binding recently, so I decided I would machine bind this one. And I think it looked pretty good!
So now I have another beautiful finished quilt ready for giving away! 💕💕
And I couldn’t resist adding some of the new Kylie and the Machine labels that are in the shop as a bit of fun on the back of the quilt, sewn into the binding.