A new year, and new plans…. I just love a good list!
Keeping track of things during last year was great…. counting up at the end of the year to see how many projects I had actually completed was gratifying (and surprising!)
So I am going to continue doing my lists each quarter and try and achieve all my goals for the year and have lots of fun along the way 🙂
Joining @finishalong on IG for #2017FAL using the personalised tag of #2017FALSWL
If you want to join in the fun check out www.cutandalter.blogspot.com for more details.
These are my goals for the first quarter of 2017 and how they ended up at 31st March:
- A bit more balance between sewing and spending time with my wonderful supportive husband @thefabrichusband 🙂 Hmmm… this might be a work in progress!
- Fresh from Simply Retro book in Hello Darling (quilt top off being long armed. still.)
- Craft it Forward gift Number 3 (using Reel Time. Next quarter!)
- Gift for a friend’s boy’s birthday – Greatest Adventure Framed (finished!)
- 100 days 100 blocks sew along top finished (quilt top off being long armed. still.)
- Large size Jelly Roll Patch in Gooseberry (quilt off being long armed. still.)
- Repair my grandmother’s hexie quilt (this is hard to get up the nerve to do)
- Finish my Peekaboo Calendar pattern (DONE but not blogged yet.)
- Cushions in Desert Bloom fabric (changed mind about this one)
- Cherry Tree Lane quilt (quilt top off being long armed. still.)
- Red and black bee blocks into quilt for my FIL (just binding to go!)
- Melba fabric quilt for my father’s 80th birthday (FINISHED but can’t blog yet!)
- Medallion quilt as shop sample for www.sew-inn.com.au (FINISHED 31st Jan!)
- Dwell house swap blocks into a village square quilt
- patchwork swoon in Little Ruby (ready to be a back for a quilt)
- Shooting Star quilt from left overs from Patchwork Swoon (FINISHED!)
This is the Cherry Tree Lane quilt before it went off to be quilted
My goals for the whole of 2017 :
a) Sew more from my stash…. no way am I going on a fabric diet… coz I just love fabric way too much for that… but I have lots of gorgeous fabric that I want to make into quilts, so more sewing!!
b) Sew more quilts for my family – I still have my long term goal of a quilt for every member of my family…I have three quilts on my list for family members this year
c) I also want to stop getting distracted by all the gorgeous sew alongs… they are fun and I have met some amazing people through them, but they take me away from the things I had planned and want to achieve. This is going to be the hardest one I think… I already want to do the swoonalong that is happening this month!