Welcome back to the Barn Star Sampler Quiltalong! This month we are showing you our Month 6 blocks – the Morrocan Star block.
You can read more about the sewalong and how we at Said With Love are doing it (emails with hints and tips for the blocks at the beginning of the month, block reveals at the end of the month) on the Barn Star Sampler Quilt Along page https://saidwithlove.com.au/sew-alongs/barn-star-sampler-sewalong/ And it is never too late to join in the fun!
I finally got around to using a darker background with the Tula Pink Everglow Fairy Flakes neon prints….. I am more than a bit smitten! (and seriously looking to get bolts into the shop). The lions are from Tula Pink Everglow which we have a little bit left in the shop!
This block had some perfect opportunities to do some more fussy cutting – those lions are all looking pretty good!
Block B for this month was in purples and it too uses the darker background.
The square in a square blocks I am finding that the Fat Quarter Shop foundation paper piecing papers are soooo good. Perfect everytime!.
And we are almost half way through our sewalong already! Time flies now that we are getting to the smaller (ish!) blocks.
It is time to layout the blocks and start to see what the quilt is going to look like… watch the reveal video to see what my quilt is beginning to look like!
I can’t wait to see the blocks that Kimberly and my fellow bloggers have been making this month, so go and check them out as well!
Meet the Quilters Sewing Along
- Anne Boundy (this is me here at Said With Love!)
- Kim Lapacek, Persimon Dreams, (@persimondreams)
- Melanie Call, A Bit of Scrap Stuff, (@abitofscrapstuff)
- Rebecca Bird, One Wee Bird, (@oneweebird)
- Reece Ortolani, Hurricane Quilty Stitches, (@hurricanereecequiltystitches)
- Melissa Corry, Happy Quilting, (@happyquiltingmc)
- Pat Sloan, Pat Sloan Blog, (@quilterpatsloan)
- Gina Tell, Thread Graffiti, (@gina_tell_threadgraffiti)