Gosh there were a LOT of pieces to Florence the Flamingo!
I caught a nasty cold this last week or so and had cut out and put together Florence whilst not feeling 100%….. OMG I really should not cut out fabric whilst ill! hehehehe…. let’s just say there was quite a bit of reverse sewing, seam ripping, re-cutting and re-doing!
But here she is, finally all together!
I used the Art Gallery Colour Master Pink bundle I won from Farheen on Facebook and it is just gorgeous! I selected graduated pink colours, but in hindsight I probably should have picked a bit more of a darker pink one for the head…. that pink reads a bit more like a low volume and therefore doesn’t give as much definition as the others.
Still, live and learn! Florence is a little knobbly kneed and she probably needs a friend (don’t flamingos like to be in large flocks?) but for the time being, Florence is an only child 🙂
Up next in our list of blocks for the sew along is Dogs in Sweaters! Only a few more blocks to go until the end of the sew along – don’t forget to get your projects finishes / quilt tops assembled to be in it to win!
Quick Sew Along Overview
- Follow me on Instagram @said_with_love
- Follow @aliceinfabricland on Instagram
- Follow @sewinn_colac on Instagram
- Make one of the blocks that we are doing from the 5th May to the 6th June and post it on Instagram between 12:01am 5 June and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for this month’s prize. See full list of blocks here
- Pick the block(s) you’d like to make from one or more of the Elizabeth Hartman patterns or an entire pattern that we are doing (See full list of blocks here) and make a quilt or your own project. You will need to post one photo of each of the individual blocks in your project between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018. You will then need to post a photo of your finished quilt top (it doesn’t need to be quilted or bound), cushion, bag, mini quilt, table runner etc between 12:01am 3 January and 11:59pm 9 June 2018 to be eligible for either the Australian Grand Prize or the International Grand Prize. Important: Your entered project cannot include any other animal blocks by another designer. They can include traditional patchwork blocks, setting blocks, improv piecing, words, etc. but the animals must be by Elizabeth Hartman.
- Use the hashtag #elizabethhartmanalltheanimalsSAL
- Have FUN!