A new year, and new plans…. I just love a good list!
Keeping track of things during last year was great…. counting up at the end of the year to see how many projects I had actually completed was gratifying (and surprising!)
So I am going to continue doing my lists each quarter and try and achieve all my goals for the year and have lots of fun along the way 🙂
Joining @finishalong on IG for #2017FAL using the personalised tag of #2017FALSWL
If you want to join in the fun check out www.cutandalter.blogspot.com for more details.
These are my goals for the first quarter of 2017:
- A bit more balance between sewing and spending time with my wonderful supportive husband @thefabrichusband 🙂
- Fresh from Simply Retro book in Hello Darling (quilt top off being long armed)
- Craft it Forward gift Number 3 (using Reel Time)
- Gift for a friend’s birthday
- 100 days 100 blocks sew along top finished (quilt top off being long armed)
- Large size Jelly Roll Patch in Gooseberry (quilt off being long armed)
- Repair my grandmother’s hexie quilt (this is hard to get up the nerve to do)
- Finish my Peekaboo Calendar pattern (arghhh…. hand sewing!!!)
- Cushions in Desert Bloom fabric
- Cherry Tree Lane quilt (quilt top off being long armed)
- Red and black bee blocks into quilt for my FIL (quilt top done)
- Melba fabric quilt for my father’s 80th birthday (quilt top done)
- Medallion quilt as shop sample for www.sew-inn.com.au (FINISHED 31st Jan!)
- Dwell house swap blocks into a village square quilt
- patchwork swoon in Little Ruby
This is the Cherry Tree Lane quilt before it went off to be quilted
My goals for the whole of 2017 :
a) Sew more from my stash…. no way am I going on a fabric diet… coz I just love fabric way too much for that… but I have lots of gorgeous fabric that I want to make into quilts, so more sewing!!
b) Sew more quilts for my family – I still have my long term goal of a quilt for every member of my family…I have three quilts on my list for family members this year
c) I also want to stop getting distracted by all the gorgeous sew alongs… they are fun and I have met some amazing people through them, but they take me away from the things I had planned and want to achieve. This is going to be the hardest one I think… I already want to do the swoonalong that is happening this month!