Wow, 2017 was a fun year….. LOTS happened and even more things made, gifted, sold and shared.
I blinked my eye and 2017 is over. I do like looking back and tallying up all the things I made during the year.
I had to count twice to make sure, but I made FIFTEEN quilts!! Wow. And considering one of them was the Tula Pink Butterfly quilt (that should count for about 5 quilts I think!!) I was surprised I managed to make 14 others! Click on a link to see the blog post with more details and pictures 🙂
- Elizabeth’s Dowry Medallion quilt for Sewinn Colac shop sample
- Power Quilt in Melba fabric for my dad’s 80th birthday
- Shooting Star Quilt (using left overs from my patchwork swoon)
- Framed in Greatest Adventure for my friend’s boy
- Red and Black and Loved All Over quilt for my father-in-law
- Boxes and Crosses quilt for my friend Mia (blog post coming on 1st Jan!)
- Fresh 100 Quilt finally quilted and finished
- Cherry Tree Lane Quilt finally quilted and finished
- Hanging Lanterns Cot Quilt (tutorial coming in a couple of days!)
- Lady of the Lake Quilt in Hushabye Hollow for Fat Quarter Shop Sew Along
- Cobblestone Quilt another Fat Quarter Shop Sew Along
- Jelly Roll Patch quilt in Sunday Supper for my niece’s husband
- Handmade With Love double sided Christmas quilt from the #HWLSewalong
- Another Hanging Lanterns Quilt
- Tula Pink Butterfly Quilt
I have a few favourites in that list…. the Tula Pink Butterfly Quilt for its sheer size and epicness!
Boxes and Crosses as my friend Mia just loves it and says it is like me being there and giving her a hug when she is having a tough day 🙂
Cherry Tree Lane Quilt as it is on our bed and I just love lying there looking at the gorgeous Figtree fabrics and thinking about which fabric line to use the next time I make this pattern 🙂
So… I also managed to make 4 Maker’s Tote bags, 9 cushions (mostly Teddy Bear Cushions of course!) and over 40 other items such as mug rugs, table runners, zippy pouches and key fobs to sell at my CWA markets during the year.
Looking forward to 2018 and making lots more quilts and bags and sharing the love of all things quilty with people in our new studio space in the Said With Love Classes!
If you are going to be in the area (near Daylesford, Victoria) please check out our class page on our website for scheduled classes or contact me to arrange a private class or studio tour!
Wishing you a fabulous 2018!